Monday, April 19, 2010

New High Chair!





Well I finally put together Teagan's high chair today. So far we (as in me, my mom and Chris' mom, Chris has yet to feed her with a spoon) have been feeding her in her vibraty seat. It has been working pretty good other than she likes to suck her thumb when you feed her and it ends up everywhere! We got one of those space saver ones (thank you Jessi and Polly) for my baby shower. It was really easy to put together and doesnt take up a lot of space in our little kitchen. Teagan did well in it. She didnt really make much of a mess other than the one on her face. I think she was taken away with being fed in the kitchen for one, and two being in her new chair. So she really didn't fuss much, nor did she want to eat a ton. But at least she was happy, so that is good, right?

She still isnt very happy with the sweet peas. I bought one of the smallest jars i could. We are going on day four, and she doesn't seem to be warming up to the idea of them. I can't say i blame her, I am not a big fan of peas myself. We are going to move on to green beans next. I don't want to get into fruits too soon, I am scared she will really like the sweet flavor and wont go back to her cereal and veggies. So we are just going to switch it up slowly.

2 comments:

  1. Very cute :)
    I would keep trying with the different foods. I read an article in parents magazine about how it can take a child up to 9-10 times to try a food before they like it. Every couple of days or weeks you try to give it to them again and eventually they might like it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it exciting to feed them in their high chair for the first time - I remember it like it was YESTERDAY!!!! Both of mine spent a lot of time in their high chair. They loved sitting in it with some snackies and a few toys. I think what they really liked was the view and sitting up high, it made them feel like they were part of the ACTION. :)

    ReplyDelete