Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Crib time...again


Last night we decided to put Teagan in her crib at bedtime again. I know, I know...I know what you are thinking, the only way we will get a schedule out of her is a routine. But hopefully we will be able to start one now. I have to get her/me ready for me to start going back to work (Feb. 15). So she needs to start sleeping a little better throughout the night if I am ever going to be functional at work! She did pretty well. She was a sleepy little girl last night so we ended up putting her to bed at about 8:00. Normally she would go to bed about 10:00 after her last feeding before we go to sleep. I fed her at about 7:30 and she just didnt want to wake up after that, so we said what the heck, lets put her to bed and have some time to ourselves. We actually watched an entire episode of House without having to put it on pause in between her crying spats. It was nice. She ate more often than normal last night, about every 2 to 3 hours but i figured if I went in there i was going to feed her so she would fall back asleep again, and it worked. We really only had to let her cry it out early this morning, when she wanted to get up at 4:30, only 1.5 hours after i fed her. So made her wait until 5:00 before i went in there. I could tell it was hard for Chris to listen to her. He wanted to go in there, but I told him not to pick her up, just talk to her and give her her paci back. He was even willing to change her diaper to get to pick her up and calm her down, but i had just changed her at her last feeding. So he just went in there and talked to her for a bit. She started crying shortly after, but we only had to wait it out about 15 more minutes. Then i went in and rocked her for about a half hour then fed her. Soon as i picked her up she was fine. She was wide awake. But again, after I fed her she fell back asleep. We then woke up at about 7:45 and and started our day. She was a happy camper after she ate again. She was awake for about 1.5 hours, did a little photoshoot with her cute little jean skirt overalls outfit and then fell asleep in her swing (I put her in there when she started to get crabby). She went almost 4 hours in between feedings and now she is back asleep again. She tends to sleep a lot during the middle of the day and then is awake in the evenings. Hopefully she wont sleep too much so that she wont fall asleep tonight. Grandma Renwick is coming over later to watch her while i go to my dentist appointment at 5:00, hopefully she will be good for her.

No comments:

Post a Comment