Thursday, July 22, 2010

Sunflower




We did a plant exchange in the spring time at work and one of the plants I exchanged was a sunflower. I have never grown one before, so i figured i would give it a shot. It finally bloomed yesterday. It was crazy. When i left in the morning it was all closed up and when I got home it was in full bloom! it would have been neat to see it open. It isnt as tall as i would have imagined a sunflower, it is about 4 to 4.5 feet tall. There is another bud grown just below this one. I cant wait for that one to bloom!

I didnt think it would be able to stand up because I have it planted next to our mailbox and there is only about 3 inches of good dirt there and under that it is hard as a rock. But somehow it managed to grow enough roots to stay standing. I am hoping to get some of the seeds from it and plant another one next year. They are beautiful. The mail lady even made a special trip down our street to say how pretty it was.

No comments:

Post a Comment